Family Escapes Kitchen Fire Unharmed (VIDEO)

By Jake Perrone - 21Alive
By Emily Dwire - 21Alive
By Rachel Martin - 21Alive

September 7, 2013 Updated Sep 7, 2013 at 11:46 PM EDT

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (21Alive) – Two children and two adults are safe Saturday night, after a fire broke out in the kitchen of their home.

It happened in the 4600 block of Smith Street just after 4 p.m. Saturday.

Upon arrival, firefighters found smoke coming from the back of the house as well as the attic.

The two adults and two children in the house were able to get out before crews arrived and extinguished the fire, which sparked in the kitchen.

No injuries were reported. The fire remains under investigation.

What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.