Fort Wayne, IN ---The Komets announced their End-of-Season Player Awards Saturday night following the regular season home finale against the Toledo Walleye at the Memorial Coliseum. The awards were presented as follows:
• Bud Gallmeier Memorial Trophy/Community Service Award, for community service and dedication to the game of hockey in memory of long-time Komet beat writer Bud Gallmeier. Winner: Mike Embach
• The Wiegmann Family “True Komet” Award, exemplifying team spirit and a positive attitude on and off the ice.
Winner: Kaleigh Schrock
• The NOB Brick Award, for the Stonewall Defensive Forward of the season. Winner: Chris Auger
• The Mr. Hustle Award, in honor of the memory of Cliff and Jean Fell, Jim and William Fell, and Pat Curtis, long-time Komet fans. The award considers a player’s personal statistics (goals, assists and on-ice hits at home) and overall up-tempo style of game. Winner: Brandon Marino (second consecutive year)
• The Unsung Hero Award, the Komets’ 5/30 award in tribute to Komet Hall-of-Famers Robbie Irons and Terry Pembroke, given t the player whose hard work, dedication to his teammates and love of the game is in the true spirit of Komet legends Robbie Irons and Terry Pembroke. Winner: Mike Embach
• The Komet Kuarters Most Improved Player Award. Winner: Shawn Szydlowski
• The Komet Defenseman of the Year Award. Winner: Jordon Southorn
• The Komet Rookie of the Year Award. Winner: Scott Fleming
• The Komet Most Valuable Player Award, known as the Foss Folk Memorial Trophy sponsored by the Folk family and voted on by the Komet players themselves. Winner: Brandon Marino
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.