FORT WAYNE, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) -- As the Hotel Fitness Championship prepares for play Aug. 26-Sept. 1 at Sycamore Hills Golf Club , the tournament is launching a community-wide interactive event featuring an oversized golf ball in nine popular Fort Wayne locations with the opportunity for participants to win weekly tickets.
Beginning on Monday, June 17, the "Tee Shot" promotion will place one larger-than-life Hotel Fitness Championship-branded golf ball in a well-traveled Fort Wayne location. Over nine weeks, the structure will change locations weekly, where it will stay from Monday to Sunday.
Corresponding clues and information on each new location will be distributed via the Hotel Fitness Championship's Facebook and Twitter pages. When the structure is spotted, local residents are asked to take a photo and share it on social media. Each participant will receive a promotional code for a discount on tournament tickets. Every Monday, one participant from the previous week will be selected at random to receive two Upgraded Weekly Tickets.
"We created 'Tee Shot' as an entertaining and interactive way to encourage engagement between the Fort Wayne community and the Hotel Fitness Championship," said Duke Butler IV, tournament director of Hotel Fitness Championship. "The event will not only draw attention to the best of Fort Wayne, but will also highlight the excitement of the tournament for sports fans and community members."
Here is how "Tee Shot" works:
· Participants will have until 11:59 p.m. EDT each Sunday from June 17 to Aug. 18 to take a picture by the golf ball and share on Facebook and Twitter.
· On Facebook, participants will post photos on the Hotel Fitness Championship's wall.
· On Twitter, participants will tweet their photos to @HotelFitChamps.
· Every participant will be contacted via social media to receive a promotional code for a special discount on tickets.
· Each week, one randomly selected participant will receive two Upgraded Weekly Tickets ($230 value), which will be announced via Facebook and/or Twitter.
· Tee Shot will officially end on Aug. 18 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
The Hotel Fitness Championship is one of four newly created Web.com Tour Finals events for 2013 that will determine the 50 players who earn cards for the 2013-14 PGA TOUR season under the TOUR's enhanced qualifying system. It is the year's biggest golf tournament to be played in the Hoosier state and is estimated to have a $4-5 million impact on Fort Wayne's economy.
For more information on "Tee Shot" or to see the official rules and regulations, go to http://www.hotelfitnesschampionship.com/media-center/. To purchase tickets, visit www.hotelfitnesschampionship.com or contact or contact Sally White at (224) 260-3786 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.