FORT WAYNE, Ind. (21Alive) - Blackhawk Middle School swept the boys and girls Fort Wayne Community Schools Middle School Athletic Conference Track & Field City Championships on Wednesday at Spuller Stadium.
The Blackhawk boys team ran away with the championship, scoring 102 points. Miami Middle School finished 2nd in the boys standings with 67 points. Shawnee Middle finished 3rd with 62 points.
The Eagle boys were led by eighth grader Julian Foster, who won individual city titles in the 70-meter hurdles (9.9 seconds) and the high jump (5'8").
Blackhawk won the girls easily title with 113 points. Eighth grader Oneisha Rogers and sixth grade Carliya Ridley helped catapult the Eagles in the sprint events.
Jefferson Middle School finishes as city runner-up with 89 points. Miami finished 3rd with 75 points.
FWCS MSAC Boys Track & Field City Championships - Team Results
1) Blackhawk Middle School Eagles, 102 points
2) Miami Middle School Indians, 67 points
3) Shawnee Middle School Braves, 62 points
4) Jefferson Middle School, 54 points
5) Northwood Middle School Cardinals, 52 points
6) Lane Middle School Vikings, 38 points
7) Lakeside Middle School Lancers, 38 points
8) Portage Middle School Rams, 20 points
9) Kekionga Middle School Warriors, 16 points
10) Towles Montessori Intermediate School Bengal Tigers, 13 points
FWCS MSAC Girls Track & Field City Championships - Team Results
1) Blackhawk Middle School Eagles, 113 points
2) Jefferson Middle School Patriots, 89 points
3) Miami Middle School Indians, 75 points
4) Shawnee Middle School Braves, 74 points
5) Northwood Middle School Cardinals, 50 points
6) Lane Middle School Vikings, 22 points
7) Towles Montessori Intermediate School Bengal Tigers, 20 points
8) Portage Middle School Rams, 16 points
9) Kekionga Middle School Warriors, 6 points
10) Lakeside Middle School, 3 points
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.