TOLEDO, Ohio - The father of three missing boys from Michigan, who police say is connected to their disappearance, will likely waive extradition to Michigan, where he faces parental kidnapping charges.
According to 'The Daily Telegram' John Skelton appeared before a judge Tuesday morning, waiving his extradition rights and agreeing to surrender to Lenawee County, Michigan authorities.
Indiana's NewsCenter has been closely following the story since the boys disappeared the day after Thanksgiving.
The town of Morenci, a small Michigan community that borders Ohio and is close to Indiana, is still distraught over the disappearance of 9-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner. They were last seen playing in the backyard of Skelton's house. Multiple local and federal agencies have been searching for the boys since their disappearance.
In a visit with his parents last week, John Skelton told his mother and father that the kids were safe but would not elaborate on where they might be. Skelton told his parents that he did this to protect them from their mother. The specifics of why he would want to protect them from their mother are not clear, but according to Skelton's parents, multiple calls were made to police about issues relating to the children and their mother.
Bond For Skelton has been set at $30 million. According to Mark Fetzer, court administrator, Mr. Skelton will remain in the county jail for his arraignment and will appear for the hearing via video conferencing.
Indiana's NewsCenter will continue to monitor this story closely and you can catch all updates on INCNOW.TV and on the Network's of Indiana's NewsCenter.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.