Fort Wayne, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) - A Fort Wayne hotel room goes up in flames.
The occurred at the Marriot Hotel on East Washington Center Road just before midnight Monday. When firefighters arrived to the scene they found heavy smoke coming from the west side of the hotel. Firefighters quickly discovered that the blaze was contained in a room on the second floor.
The fire had been greatly contained by the hotel's fire suppression sprinkler system giving crews time to evacuate nearby hotel guests. The fire was under control in less than 15 minutes.
No injuries were reported and the hotel remains operational.
The fire was determined to be the result of an electrical malfunction in a heating unit.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.