FORT WAYNE, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) – A Fort Wayne man’s home is struck by lighting while the homeowner and his wife were inside enjoying lunch.
With Wednesday afternoon’s powerful storms came a light show—lighting that is. Around 1:20 p.m. there were approximately 1,700 lighting strikes in Northeast Indiana, and one of them came down on a house on Little River Run.
That’s around the same time Bill Lentz and his wife were enjoying their lunch, and heard a loud boom. Turns out, their house was struck by lightning.
When they looked outside, they saw part of their chimney on the ground with bricks scattered around the yard. One brick even flew and hit a neighbor's home, damaging the garage.
No one was hurt, but Lentz can't say the same about their patio awning.
"All of a sudden we're eating lunch and watching TV and a big boom, it was kind of bright, and that was lightning hitting our chimney, which then exploded and came through the patio awning. I'm glad we weren't having lunch on the patio,” said Lentz.
Lentz says there was smoke coming from the attic, but when the Fort Wayne Fire Department checked it out, nothing was on fire.
Lentz says his power is out for the time being, and they'll probably spend the night in a hotel.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.