FORT WAYNE, Ind. (21Alive) -- A fire broke out at the Philmore on Broadway Saturday evening.
Officials with the Fort Wayne Fire Department say the fire broke out just before 7 p.m. Saturday at the theater and event center at 2441 Broadway.
A witness at the scene told 21Alive that she saw heavy black smoke billowing from the back of the building and alerted authorities. FWFD officials say the fire ignited in the kitchen.
Although crews say smoke filled most of the building, they were able to control the blaze in approximately 18 miuntes.
The Philmore on Broadway has suffered heavy smoke damage, but no one was inside at the time and there were no injuries reported.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.