Coroner Releases Cause of Death of Woman Found in Vacant Building

By Emily Dwire
By Rachel Martin

June 9, 2013 Updated Jun 9, 2013 at 6:46 PM EDT

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) – Investigators say a woman found dead in a vacant storefront on South Anthony Blvd. back in January, died accidentally of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Fort Wayne Police were called to the Anthony Wayne Village Center on Jan. 23, after someone reported a suspicious odor coming from the vacant building.

Dana Gersper was found dead inside the building. Officials say there were three or four machines, including a generator that could have produced carbon monoxide, but couldn't pinpoint the exact source at the time.

Investigators determined back in March that Gersper died from the deadly poison. However, the Allen County Coroner’s Office just released the cause of the death Saturday.

What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.