Coroner: 'Glee' Star Cory Monteith Died of Mixture of Heroin and Alcohol

Coroner: 'Glee' Star Cory Monteith Died of Mixture of Heroin and Alcohol

July 16, 2013 Updated Jul 16, 2013 at 4:47 PM EST

"Glee" star Cory Monteith, who was found dead in his hotel room in Vancouver on Sunday, died of a mixture of heroin and alcohol, according to a news release from the British Columbia Coroner's Service.

According to the news release from the BC Coroner's Service:

The BC Coroners Service has confirmed the cause of death for Cory Monteith.

Post-mortem testing, which included an autopsy and toxicological analysis, found that Mr. Monteith, aged 31, died of a mixed-drug toxicity involving heroin and alcohol.

Mr. Monteith was found deceased in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, shortly after noon on July 13. He had checked into the hotel on July 6 and had been expected to check out on the 13th. When he had not done so, hotel staff checked his room and found him deceased.

The investigation into this death by the BC Coroners Service is continuing, and no other details are available at this time. It should be noted that at this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most-tragic accident. When the investigation is concluded, a Coroners Report will be issued.

 

 

 

 




What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

Want to be in the know for the next weather event, the next school closing or the next big breaking news story?

TextCaster alerts from 21Alive.com are your defining source for instant information delivered right to your cell phone and email. It's free, easy and instant. Sign-Up Now!

Powered by Summit City Chevrolet



© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.