Online retail giant Amazon this week announced its look at the best music, movies and TV since the start of 2013.
According to a news release issued Tuesday by Amazon, the list was compiled from best-selling rankings, curated editor picks and spotlight selections.
The lists showcase the variety of blockbuster, hit-making and buzz-worthy entertainment that became available on Amazon.com the first half of this year.
“Whether music, movies or TV, our mid-year lists highlight the diversity we see every day at Amazon,” stated Sarah Wood, head of U.S. entertainment, Amazon.com. “Our customers continue to take advantage of our broad selection of both digital and physical entertainment choices while our editors, well-versed in their specific categories, consistently provide a mix of top choices from mainstream artists and blockbuster films to under-the-radar and genre specific entertainment helping spur new discovery for customers.”
Movie & TV Picks
1. A Good Day to Die Hard
2. Django Unchained
5. Life of Pi
Best-Selling Kids & Family Movies
1. Monsters, Inc.
2. LEGO Batman: The Movie – DC Super Heroes Unite
3. Wreck-it Ralph
4. Escape from Planet Earth
5. Mulan / Mulan II
Best-Selling TV Shows
1. Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season
2. True Blood: The Complete Fifth Season
3. Dexter: The Seventh Season
4. The Bible: The Epic Miniseries
5. Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season
Amazon Picks: Movies & TV
1. Searching for Sugar Man
2. The Men Who Built America
3. The Intouchables
4. The Rolling Stones: Crossfire Hurricane
Best-Selling MP3 Albums
1. Tegan & Sara, Heartthrob
2. Various Artists, Big Mozart Box
3. Various Artists, 100 Must-Have Movie Classics, Vol. 2
4. Justin Timberlake, 20/20 Experience
5. Vampire Weekend, Modern Vampires of the City
1. Justin Timberlake, 20/20 Experience
2. Michael Buble, To Be Loved
3. Daft Punk, Random Access Memories
4. Josh Groban, All That Echoes
5. David Bowie, The Next Day
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.