Man Dies After Being Bitten by Venomous Pet Snake

Man Dies After Being Bitten by Venomous Pet Snake

October 5, 2012 Updated Oct 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM EST

A scary story from Virginia.

According to a report from the Richmond Times-Dispatch, a 70-year-old man was found dead at his home this week, and the Virginia medical examiner's office determined that he died after complications from a snakebite from one of his 24 venomous pet snakes.

The man is believed to have been bitten on his fingers by a Chinese palm viper, according to the Richmond Times-Dispatch report.

Read the Richmond Times-Dispatch report HERE.




What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

Want to be in the know for the next weather event, the next school closing or the next big breaking news story?

TextCaster alerts from 21Alive.com are your defining source for instant information delivered right to your cell phone and email. It's free, easy and instant. Sign-Up Now!

Powered by Summit City Chevrolet



© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.