Have you recently lost your job? Do you have a feeling you might lose your job in the near future?
1. Don't blame anyone publicly -- pointing the finger will reflect poorly on you.
2. Don't burn bridges -- take the high road, not matter the previous work situation.
3. Don't be a bitter job seeker -- your previous employment situation is not the problem of a potential future employee.
4. Don't spread the word you were let go due to your age -- leave age out of any work-related conversations.
5. Be prepared for the job hunt -- get your resume, online profile and your job-seeking pitch ready because you never know when an opportunity will present itself.
6. Don't tell everyone you are looking for a new job -- dial in the focus when it comes to your networking efforts.
7. Utilize online tools to expand your network and show expertise -- build your online presence and utilize social networking in order to find people who might be able to refer your for opportunities.
8. Don't concentrate all your job-seeking efforts online -- yes the web is an important job-seeking tool, but be sure to make online applications only a part of your efforts.
9. Think about the upside -- is this your chance to try something new? Maybe there is a silver lining to losing your job.
Want more job-seeking tips?
AOL Jobs: 8 New Ways to Look For A Job
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.