Restaurant Owner Dies of Suffocation After Being Locked Inside Cooler

Restaurant Owner Dies of Suffocation After Being Locked Inside Cooler

June 20, 2012 Updated Jun 20, 2012 at 1:06 PM EST

According to a news release from the Nashville (Tenn.) Police Department, a 47-year-old Tennessee restaurant owner died  last weekend after suffocating due to carbon dioxide inhalation after being locked inside a cooler at his restaurant.

The cooler contained dry ice due to a power outage, according to the news release.

Read the news release from the Nashville police department HERE.




What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

Want to be in the know for the next weather event, the next school closing or the next big breaking news story?

TextCaster alerts from 21Alive.com are your defining source for instant information delivered right to your cell phone and email. It's free, easy and instant. Sign-Up Now!

Powered by Summit City Chevrolet



© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.