Clogged Chimney Cause Of Attic Fire

By Scott Sarvay

December 14, 2010 Updated Dec 14, 2010 at 12:21 PM EST

DEKALB COUNTY, Ind. (Indiana’s NewsCenter) - Shortly after eight Tuesday morning a Spencerville couple woke to smoke coming from there living room ceiling.

Monday night Jim Gorrell had built the first fire in his fireplace in two years.

In this case fire damage was contained to the attic and living room ceiling.

Damages could have been much worse.




What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

Want to be in the know for the next weather event, the next school closing or the next big breaking news story?

TextCaster alerts from 21Alive.com are your defining source for instant information delivered right to your cell phone and email. It's free, easy and instant. Sign-Up Now!

Powered by Summit City Chevrolet



© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.