SAINT MARYS, OHIO (Indiana's NewsCenter) - Grand Lake Saint Marys has been taken over by algae.
Blooms started appearing about three weeks ago.
The specie of algae is known as Aphanizomenon, and produces liver toxin, and neorotoxins.
Ohio state officials are advising the public to continue to avoid contact with the water.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.