If you Notice a Pothole, Call the City at 311

By Scott Sarvay

January 26, 2012 Updated Jan 26, 2012 at 1:36 PM EDT

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana’s NewsCenter) - The freezing and thawing we've seen so far this winter season is responsible for creating lots of potholes on city streets.

You can report a pothole by calling Fort Wayne’s 311 hotline, something a city spokesman says people are getting more comfortable doing.

When you call the hotline, it takes crews about three hours to respond and repair the pothole, a turnaround time city leaders are proud of.

Fort Wayne’s Director of Information, Frank Suarez says, “It's very easy to call 311, and if you can't see the 100 block, just make sure you know the cross streets and what lane it's in. Especially if it's a one way street, make sure you're giving them the actual part of where it is on that."

The city's 311 hotline is open during business hours, Monday through Friday.

What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.