FEMA Here to Help

By Corinne Rose

June 18, 2010 Updated Feb 28, 2008 at 7:21 PM EDT

(Fort Wayne, IN) -- If you have recent flooding damage to your home, business or rental unit, you might be available for help from the government.

Representatives from the Federal Emergency Management Agency set up a temporary office at the Sears Pavilion at Foster Park to help people apply for aid.

You'll need to bring your drivers license, Social Security number and any insurance policy number, if you have one.

FEMA will be there Friday, Saturday, and Monday from nine to six to help you with the process.

Greg Hughes\FEMA Spokesman: " Assistance for relocating if damage was severe enough, emergency repairs to keep the house in operation in this kind of weather, and Small Business Administration loans for long-term rebuilding should that be warranted."

FEMA encourages you to register before you go to the temporary office.

Call 1-800-621-FEMA to expedite the process.

What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.