File That Tax Return!

By Corinne Rose

June 18, 2010 Updated Feb 27, 2008 at 6:27 PM EDT

(Fort Wayne, IN) -- Everybody 18 and older should fill out a tax return for last year.

Liberty Tax Service says if you don't, you won't get that government check for at least $300 -- the one that's supposed to help stimulate the economy.

But if you typically don't file your taxes, because you don't meet federal filing requirements, you won't get that rebate check.

Dori Miller\Liberty Tax Service: " They are using the federal tax return, the IRS database, in order to pull the names from, for who qualifies for this incentive rebate that they call it. So if you don't file a tax return, your name is not in the database from which they pull out to send a check to."

Liberty Tax Service will file free returns for people who qualify until March 31st.

What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.