FORT WAYNE, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) -- Faculty and students at the University of Saint Francis invite the community to participate in a day of service to honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
Here is a list of events...
Sunday, Jan. 20 at 7 p.m. at Plymouth Congregational Church, 501 W. Berry St., Fort Wayne.
Monday, Jan 21 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day):
• 10:30 a.m. Continental breakfast at in the Achatz Hall atrium
• 11 a.m. Call to service in Gunderson Auditorium
• 7 p.m. "Heartland Sings in Community: Martin Luther King Jr.," concert in the North Campus auditorium.
The USF community will pitch in at the following charities and organizations across the area on MLK, Jr. Day:
• Love Community Center 1331 E. Berry St.. – cleaning and organizing.
• Vincent Village 2827 Holton Ave. – cleaning and rehabilitation, family portraits by USF photography students.
• Children's Hope Hospitality House 7922 W. Jefferson St. – cleaning, rehabilitation, organizing.
• St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store 1600 S. Calhoun St. – sorting and organizing merchandise.
• Associated Churches 602 E. Wayne St. – working in the food bank and other projects.
• Charis House 431 Fairmount Place – spa services for residents, Zumba class, crafts and games for children.
• Mustard Seed Furniture Bank 3636 Illinois Rd. – organizing items in the warehouse.
• Boys and Girls Club 2809 Fairfield Ave. – activities with Boys and Girls Club members.
• Ave Maria House 1101 S. Lafayette St. – making and serving lunch at day shelter for homeless.
• Fort Wayne Rescue Mission 301 W. Superior St – painting rooms.
• ACRES Land Trust 1802 Chapman Road, Huntertown – indoor and outdoor service opportunities.
Wednesday, Jan. 23:
• 12 -1 p.m. "Why You Should Care about Martin Luther King Jr.?" an interdisciplinary panel discussion. Pope John Paul II Center.
• 7 p.m. "An Evening with Coretta Scott King," a historical presentation in Brookside mansion
Thursday, Jan. 24:
• 7 p.m. "A Celebration of African American Art and Literature" in the Achatz Hall atrium.
Thursday, Jan. 31:
• USF Student Nurse Association will collaborate with the American Red Cross on a blood drive at the North Campus.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.