Fire in Nursing Center, Residents Evacuate

By Kevin Kitt

Fire in Nursing Center, Residents Evacuate

June 8, 2013 Updated Dec 14, 2013 at 8:15 PM EDT

ANGOLA, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) - A fire was reported in the attic of a nursing center late Friday night.

The Angola Fire Department was dispatched to a report of smoke in the attic at the Lakeland Nursing Center.

According to officials, the first units on the scene found an active fire in the attic of the building. Residents were evacuated out of the affected wing. Due to the fire and the amount of residents, they had to be evacuated to other facilities in the city for temporary housing until other nursing facilities can accomodate vacancy.

The cause of the fire is said to be from an electrical spark, according to police. Nobody was injured in the incident.

What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.