Ceiling Above A Patient's Room Smolders At Ortho Hospital (VIDEO)

By Emma Koch

March 29, 2013 Updated Mar 29, 2013 at 12:21 PM EDT

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) -- Construction workers sparked a small blaze that damaged a Fort Wayne medical building.

Fire units were called to the Ortho Hospital on Parkview Circle Dr. just after 9 a.m. on the smell of smoke. It was later determined that ceiling tiles above a patient's room were smoldering. Firefighters had it quickly extinguished.

"The fire was above two patient rooms. Everyone was evacuated immediately. One of the patients was seen in the emergency room for precautionary measures. They were treated and released," a spokesperson for Parkview Hospital told 21Alive.

The Board of Health was called in to inspect the facility, which remained open to some patients. There were no injuries.

What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.