FORT WAYNE, Ind. -- As construction in downtown's west end begins for the Fairfield/Ewing/Superior/Wells roundabout and the two-way conversion of Fairfield and Ewing, motorists will notice several traffic restrictions beginning next week.
The first phase of construction will focus on the portion of the roundabout at Fairfield and Wells. Here are traffic pattern changes motorists will notice beginning next week.
- On Monday August 4 crews will begin converting Ewing Street into 2-way traffic from Superior Street to Jefferson Boulevard. The conversion is expected to be completed by the afternoon of August 5.
- Fairfield Avenue will be closed from Superior to Main Street.
- Traffic on the Wells Street Bridge, north of Superior, will be routed to the east side of the bridge and the west side of the bridge will be closed.
- Superior, between Sherman and Fairfield, will be open for local destinations only. Traffic will not be able to cross Fairfield heading east.
- Motorists heading west on Superior will have to turn either south on Ewing or north on Wells.
- The intersection of Wells/Superior/Ewing will have a three-way stop during construction.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.