INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (www.theindychannel.com) -- Dozens of families were displaced from their homes after an early morning fire at an apartment building on Indianapolis' northwest side.
Dispatchers said about 1:45 a.m., fire crews were called to the Woodbridge Apartments in the 7100 block of Rosehill Drive.
A resident in a neighboring apartment complex said he noticed flames shooting from the building. He jumped the fence and began alerting other residents about the fire, officials said.
Firefighters said 16 units were burned and the fire caused $500,000 in damages.
The 43 residents displaced by the fire received assistance from the Red Cross and the Indianapolis Fire Department.
Investigators said the building's smoke detectors were working and that the blaze may have been sparked by fireworks.
No injuries were reported.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.