FORT WAYNE, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) – The Fort Wayne Fire Department responded to a house fire on E. Pettit Ave. around noon Monday.
First responders say there was heavy smoke coming from the home and some flames could be seen. Fire was found in the kitchen and utility rooms.
Once person occupied the house and was able to get themselves out. No word has been given on the occupant’s condition.
The cause of the fire was determined to be food left unattended on the stove.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.