House Fire: Water Heater Turning On Ignites Spray Paint Fumes (VIDEO)

By Emma Koch - 21Alive

March 21, 2014 Updated Mar 21, 2014 at 11:19 AM EST

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (21Alive) -- Fire crews were called to a fire at a home in the 2500 block of Wildcat Cover just after 7 p.m. Thursday night.

As they arrived, smoke could be seen billowing out of the basement. Officers stretched a line into the basement and were able to put out the blaze in about 10 minutes. No one was hurt in the fire.

Investigators say it sparked as one of the occupants was using spray paint. The water heater kicked on and ignited the paint fumes.




What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

Want to be in the know for the next weather event, the next school closing or the next big breaking news story?

TextCaster alerts from 21Alive.com are your defining source for instant information delivered right to your cell phone and email. It's free, easy and instant. Sign-Up Now!

Powered by Summit City Chevrolet



© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.