Avenir Inn Evacuated After Fire (VIDEO & PHOTOS)

By Benecia Brown - 21Alive
By Emma Koch - 21Alive

October 17, 2013 Updated Oct 17, 2013 at 1:51 PM EDT

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (21Alive) -- Fire crews were called to Avenir Inn, formally the Baymont Inn, Thursday shortly before 8:30 a.m.

When crews arrived at the 1000 block of W. Washington Center Rd. they found heavy smoke on the 3rd floor and immediately called for a full response.

The fire was contained to one room on the 3rd floor. There are unconfirmed reports that a heater within the room malfunctioned and soon began to smoke.

All of the people who were inside the hotel made it out safely. According to investigators there are no reports of anyone being injured.

What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.