Home Catches Fire From Fire Pit (VIDEO)

By Chris Smurr - 21Alive
By Rachel Martin - 21Alive

August 16, 2014 Updated Aug 16, 2014 at 6:59 PM EDT

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (21Alive) – A home catches fire due to a fire pit.

Firefighters responded to a home on the 7200 block of Tangle Oak Place just before 5 a.m. Saturday

Fort Wayne firefighters were able to contain the fire shortly after they arrived.

Fire officials say the back of the home suffered intense damage where the fire pit was located.

Reportedly six cats were in the home at the time, but rescuers were only able to find one.

No injuries have been reported.

What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.