Guilty: 22-Year-Old Woman Runs Over Ex With Car

By Emma Koch

Guilty: 22-Year-Old Woman Runs Over Ex With Car

April 18, 2013 Updated Dec 5, 2013 at 10:27 AM EDT

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) – A 22-year-old woman was found guilty of battery with a deadly weapon, criminal recklessness and failure to stop at the scene of an accident resulting in injury after she ran over her ex-boyfriend with her car.

Katie Miller was convicted by an Allen Superior Court jury Tuesday night. According to testimony and court documents, late in the evening on Sept. 21 Miller and her on-again off-again boyfriend, Arthur Zick had an argument in Miller’s car just across from Canterbury Green near IPFW.

Security tape showed Zick getting out of the car in a parking lot, Miller running to the other side of the car and pushing him. Zick testified that he had left his cell phone in her car and she locked her doors and told him she was going to leave with it. Then the camera show Zick in front of her car appearing to try to stop her from driving off as she hit him in the shins with her car repeatedly.

Zick testified that she rammed him harder and the impact pushed him onto the hood of the car. He grabbed the wiper blades but when she hit the breaks he fell to the ground and his leg got stuck in the bumper. He says he felt and heard it “pop”. According to Zick, Miller then gunned the engine and ran over his leg, causing a compound fracture.

Passing strangers stopped and called paramedics on his behalf. According to court documents, there were two 911 calls related to this case that night, one from the strangers who stopped to help Zick and another from Miller later that night asking why her car had been towed.

Zick is recuperating from two surgeries to repair his let and in December, having no health insurance, he sued Miller. Miller filed for bankruptcy before the case moved forward citing her student loans and an unknown amount owed to Zick as her debt.

Miller testified later in the day Tuesday, then the case when to the jury in the evening and the jury returned their guilty verdicts around 9 p.m. The Allen Superior Court judge ordered Miller’s bond revoked and had her sent to jail.

Miller will be sentenced next month and faces two to eight years in prison.

What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.