FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana’s NewsCenter) - A local restaurant is under investigation for food related illness after nearly 20 people claimed to have fallen ill after eating there this past Sunday.
The Fort Wayne- Allen County Health Department is looking into Cebolla's Mexican Grill in the Time Corners Shopping Center after numerous customers came forward showing symptoms consistent with the Norovirus.
The restaurant voluntarily closed on Thursday to thoroughly clean and disinfect.
The Norovirus is highly contagious. It spreads through person-to-person contact and contaminated food, water, and surfaces. People can get Norovirus illness throughout the year, but cases peaked between December-February. Norovirus causes more than 20 million illnesses annually, and it is the leading cause of gastroenteritis outbreaks in the United States.
It will be weeks before the investigation into the illnesses will be complete.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.