Ossian Furniture Fire Caused by Electrical Problems (With Photos)

By Scott Sarvay


10 photos

November 2, 2012 Updated Nov 25, 2013 at 7:38 PM EDT

Ossian, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) - A business with a 49-year history in Ossian catches fire.

Ossian Furniture owner Kevin Smith received a call from his alarm company at 10 Thursday night.

Crews arrived to find smoke coming from the eaves.

The fire was put out in 25 minutes and flames were contained above the ceiling, in the front of the store.

The cause of the fire has been ruled electrical.

Smith hopes to re-open next week.

The business sustained about $250,000 in damage.

What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.