WARSAW, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) - Kosciusko officials have identified the body found inside a house fire last Wednesday on Lake Chapman.
Stephen T. Hall, 65, of Warsaw, died from smoke inhalation and thermal burns.
Fire crews responded to a fully-engulfed home, 2147 Chapman Lake Dr., around 10:30am. Fire investigators determined the fire started in the basement of the house. According to several interviews, investigators believe Hall was using a portable heater in the basement the night before to thaw-out frozen waterlines.
According to Kosciusko County Coroner's office, they found the remains of Hall's body in the rubble after 2pm.
Two people inside the home and two others in the neighboring residence, 2141 Chapman Lake Dr., evacuated safely.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.