12-Year Old Found Dead Inside Home (VIDEO)

By Chris Smurr - 21Alive
By Rachel Martin - 21Alive

June 29, 2014 Updated Jun 29, 2014 at 11:40 PM EDT

KOSCIUSKO COUNTY, Ind. (21Alive) – The body of a 12-year old Syracuse boy was found dead inside his home.

Skyler Spore was found not breathing inside his home just after 3:45 p.m. Saturday.

Investigators say two gas powered generators were running inside the house at the time he died.

Family members claim their power was out, and the generators were in a ventilated basement.

Authorities suspect the boy died from carbon monoxide poisoning, but cannot confirm the generators played a role.

An autopsy will be performed at the Northeastern Forensic Center in Fort Wayne.

What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.