Pet Dies In House Fire

By Maureen Mespell

Credit: Jason Ashmawi

Pet Dies In House Fire


3 photos

December 20, 2011 Updated Dec 20, 2011 at 10:11 PM EDT

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) -- Fort Wayne Fire Department responded to a house fire in the 1300 block of High Street around 4:30 Tuesday afternoon.

When crews arrived on the scene they found smoke coming from the second story of the home and had the fire under control in 6 minutes.

Crews were able to remove three dogs and three cats from the home, one of the dogs perished.

No one was home at the time of the fire and the cause of the fire was determined to electrical in nature.

What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.