Fort Wayne, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) -- A mother had to dangle her children out a window praying the people below would catch them as she tried to escape the flames of their burning home.
It's quite an incredible story.
Four people were inside the house at the time of the fire.
We're told a man first jumped from a second story window then a woman dropped her one-year old and infant to him before she also jumped from the second story -- head first and landed on her back.
The family was alerted to the fire just after 7 a.m. when they heard their smoke alarms going off.
The Fort Wayne Fire Department says firefighters got the blaze under control in 11 minutes.
All four people who escaped were taken to a nearby hospital one was slightly hurt three others were in serious condition.
Scott Baker saw it all happen and called 911. "I saw black smoke coming out of the front window, where the window was. It looked like that was where the fire was. There was a gentleman on the ground. I didn't realize there was already one baby out of the house. There was a lady up top hanging like a three or four month old child. They asked me to help. I called 911. I looked over and she had tossed the baby out onto the ground to the husband. I called 911 and was talking to them and I looked over and she dived out of the window head first and landed on the on her back."
A malfunctioning air conditioning unit has been determined to be the cause.
All four people who escaped were taken to a nearby hospital.
The mother and her two kids were treated and released.The man who was also inside is expected to be okay.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.