Cristiano Ronaldo, on the verge of a world record transfer to Real Madrid, has received more good news after the Portugal winger was told he will not face any charges after writing off his Ferrari sports car in a crash.
The Manchester United star, who should finally complete his long-desired move to Real for 80 million pounds later this month, demolished the front of his Ferrari when it hit a roadside barrier under a tunnel near Manchester Airport in January.
Ronaldo, FIFA's World Player of the Year, escaped uninjured and spoke to police at the scene before making his way to United's training ground.
After investigating the incident and interviewing Ronaldo last month, Manchester police decided not to take action against the 24-year-old, who also provided a written statement following the crash.
A Greater Manchester Police spokesman said on Tuesday: "No further action will be taken against the driver of a Ferrari 599 GTB, which collided with a wall on the A538 Wilmslow Road on Thursday, January 8.
"No one was injured and no other vehicles were involved in the incident."
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.