b. mitchel fine jewelry
6384 W Jefferson Blvd
Fort Wayne, IN 46804
Hours of Operation
- MonBy Appointment
- Tues - Fri10:00am - 6:00pm
- Sat10:00am - 4:00pm
Custom JewelerThe difference between a jewelry store and a jeweler is that jewelry stores simply sell jewelry. Jewelers manufacture. Jewelry stores don't have the skill set to manufacture so they send out their work. b. mitchel fine jewelry has the skill set to manufacture.
Bryant, the owner of b. mitchel fine jewelry, apprenticed with a 3rd generation jeweler for 3 years learning how to make jewelry before ever picking up a tool. He learned craftsmanship from an experienced jeweler in Florida who made findings from scratch. If he needed a clasp for a necklace he made it. If he needed a link chain for a customer, he handmade each link. Bryant learned techniques from this true artisan. After years of honing his craft, Bryant became the principal jeweler for Bailey, Banks and Biddle in Naples, FL in the 1990s. He later returned to the Fort Wayne area in 1999.
Our passion is to create one of a kind pieces. Contrary to popular belief putting a stone in a mounting is not custom jewelry. We want you to be one of one, not one of thousands from a designer line.
b. mitchel fine jewelry also offers many services including in house casting and manufacturing including hand fabrication, wax carving, CAD/CAM, lapidary services including cutting raw or rough gems, and re-cutting and polishing stones. Bryant is Gemological Institute of America certified in diamonds, diamond grading and colored stones. We also provide concierge services to your home or office for private events.
In the Covington Plaza location b. mitchel fine jewelry has donated custom manufactured pieces of jewelry to many organizations and charities including: Lendingahand.net, Special Olympics, Fort Wayne TinCaps, Fort Wayne Museum of Art, PBS 39, O'Daniels Jeep Jam, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Thirteen Step House, Dare to Dream, and Science Central. We have also custom made several logo pieces using corporate logos.
Parting thoughts... If you work with your hands you are a mechanic. If you work with your hands and heart you are a craftsman. If you work with your hands, heart and soul you are an artist. We strive to be artisans.
We are located in Fort Wayne, IN and globally on the web at:
www.bmitchel.com with links to Facebook and Twitter
be bold, be daring... b. mitchel
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is b. mitchel fine jewelry so unique from other stores?
- Our gallery showroom setting portrays one of a kind wearable pieces of art.
- What is custom manufacturing jeweler?
- Someone who turns an original concept or design into an actual piece of jewelry.
- How do I get started?
- Our team will help you design what you want. We will carve, cast and finish it for you. All you have to do is bring in your dream in the form of a picture, concept or like item. We will do the creative part for you.
- Who will work on my project?
- Our team has a combined total of 130 years experience in the jewelry manufacturing business. You will talk and work with the ones who make your piece.
- How does price figure into the custom manufacturing process?
- A great price does not always mean good value. You can buy really inexpensive jewelry that may look good online or in a showcase but cheap is just cheap. Metals may crack and stones may fall out. It's about quality vs dollars ratio, which is value.