PORTLAND, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) - Wednesday night electrical fire at a junior high school forces classes to cancel for students on Thursday.
Dunkirk Fire Department were called out to an electrical fire just before 8 p.m. Wednesday in a West Jay Middle School classroom.
Jay School Corp. officials say the fan motor on a heating unit caught fire. The fire crews arrived at the scene in minutes and quickly had the fire under control.
School was canceled on Thursday due to smoke filled building. One classroom suffered smoke and water damage. The cost of the damage is estimated $40,000, according to Tim Long, Ed.D., Jay School Corp. superintendent.
School will resume Friday, November 30th.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.