INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) -- State health officials announced a positive case of typhoid fever in a food handler at Purdue University.
Anyone who ate at the Boiler Bistro, John Pudure Room, the coffee shop, Lavazza or at Marriot Hall on the Purdue campus from Jan. 23 to Jan. 25 may be at risk.
Health officials say syptoms may include high fever, weakness, stomach pains, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or loss of appetite. Symptoms usually begin within 8-14 days after exposure.
If you ate at these locations and have the above symptoms, you are urged to see a healthcare provider right away.
Local health officials and Purdue University are working with the Indiana State Department of Health to investigate the case and assess the risk to the public.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.