FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana’s NewsCenter) – Three businesses were heavily damaged in a fire that broke out at Southgate Shopping Plaza Wednesday morning.
For a while, Calhoun Street was blocked off in both the north and southbound lanes between Pettit Avenue and Belmont Street because of the fire on Fort Wayne's south side.
There was heavy smoke and water damage where the fire originally sparked at "RC's Women and Men's Apparel." Damages also spread to neighbor businesses “Cali Nails” and “Insurance One.”
The owner of the clothing store was drinking coffee in her car in the parking lot when someone came up to her and pointed out the smoke.
Capt. Henry Willis of the Fort Wayne Fire Department says, “They are going to bulldoze that center section. There are walls, that separated the businesses and I believe those will stay in place, I’m pretty sure there is quite a bit of smoke, damage to those two structures on either side.”
One firefighter received a minor injury fighting the blaze.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.