Ceiling Above A Patient's Room Smolders At Ortho Hospital (VIDEO)

By Emma Koch

March 29, 2013 Updated Mar 29, 2013 at 11:21 AM EST

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) -- Construction workers sparked a small blaze that damaged a Fort Wayne medical building.

Fire units were called to the Ortho Hospital on Parkview Circle Dr. just after 9 a.m. on the smell of smoke. It was later determined that ceiling tiles above a patient's room were smoldering. Firefighters had it quickly extinguished.

"The fire was above two patient rooms. Everyone was evacuated immediately. One of the patients was seen in the emergency room for precautionary measures. They were treated and released," a spokesperson for Parkview Hospital told 21Alive.

The Board of Health was called in to inspect the facility, which remained open to some patients. There were no injuries.

What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

Want to be in the know for the next weather event, the next school closing or the next big breaking news story?

TextCaster alerts from 21Alive.com are your defining source for instant information delivered right to your cell phone and email. It's free, easy and instant. Sign-Up Now!

Powered by Summit City Chevrolet

© Copyright 2015, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.