Skelton Pleads "No Contest" for Unlawful Imprisonment of His Three Missing Sons

By Scott Sarvay

July 28, 2011 Updated Jul 28, 2011 at 5:09 PM EST

MICHIGAN (Indiana’s NewsCenter) - John Skelton, the father of three missing boys from Morenci, Michigan, has pleaded no contest to three charges of unlawful imprisonment of his sons.

Skelton entered the plea as part of a deal with prosecutors in Lenawee County Circuit Court. The plea comes a week before his scheduled preliminary exam.

Skelton’s sons — Tanner, Alexander and Andrew — disappeared last Thanksgiving weekend, while in their dad’s custody. Skelton has repeatedly said that his sons are still alive. He said he gave the boys to “an organization” to keep them safe, but won’t say where they are.

Earlier this month, Morenci Police Larry Chief Weeks said recent public service announcements have generated some new leads in the case.




What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

Want to be in the know for the next weather event, the next school closing or the next big breaking news story?

TextCaster alerts from 21Alive.com are your defining source for instant information delivered right to your cell phone and email. It's free, easy and instant. Sign-Up Now!

Powered by Summit City Chevrolet



© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.