FORT WAYNE, IN (Indiana's NewsCenter) - There’s an update to that disturbing story about a 7-year old Fort Wayne girl who feared she might be pregnant because she’d been raped multiple times.
The man accused of the abuse has announced his intention to hire a private lawyer to defend him against five felony molestation related charges.
It’s difficult to imagine the emotional toll placed on the child.
Court documents describe abuse that frankly isn't appropriate to detail in this story.
28-year old Roderico Duarte was walked over to the Allen County Courthouse Wednesday for his first appearance in felony court.
A court affidavit says the little girl's mother learned of the incidents at a parent-teacher conference, when she saw a note from her daughter's teacher, indicating the child had shared with a classmate she'd been raped three times by someone she knew, and feared she was pregnant.
The girl later identified Duarte as the molester, and police say when he was hauled in for questioning, he confessed to three attacks.
The girl told a forensic interviewer that she let her grandmother know about one of the attacks, but that the grandmother ignored her.
Duarte is being held on the molestation charges, and for immigration violations.
A December 14th hearing has been set, for the purpose of establishing a trial date.
The court papers reveal that Duarte told police he had been watching pornography prior to one of the attacks, and that he liked to watch pornography.
There is disagreement in the psychology field about whether pornography may play some role in leading to criminal sexual behavior.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.