NEW HAVEN, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) -- Police in New Haven saved two people trapped in a burning apartment Friday morning.
Dispatchers were called just after 2:30 a.m. Police on the scene rescued two people trapped in a back bedroom inside their second story apartment.
Police say the occupant had forgotten she had candles burning all over the apartment.
Officials say the three individuals refused medical treatment and are fine. Fire crews were able to contain the blaze within an hour.
Many other residents in the same building were not able to go back to their apartments due to water and smoke damage.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.