FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana’s NewsCenter) – Parkview Field is ranked #1 in minor league baseball experience and rated #13 for overall sporting experience by Stadium Journey, a sports travel publication.
“It’s an honor to be recognized in this way,” said TinCaps President, Mike Nutter. “Stadium
Journey has become a resource for sports fans across the country due to their extensive listings
and rankings of sports venues. To be ranked as the best in Minor League Baseball is truly
significant. To be listed as the #13 overall venue, among some of the most highly regarded
facilities in all of sports, is a testament to the quality of Parkview Field and the way this community has embraced the ballpark.”
“We considered 754 venues for our Best of 2011 publication,” stated Paul Swaney, Editor and Co-Founder of Stadium Journey. “Parkview Field was literally the first Minor League ballpark we visited as part of our rankings and it set the standard. The apple theme throughout the ballpark, and being located in the heart of downtown Fort Wayne, created a complete thematic experience and the perfect way for the team and the ballpark to be a part of the community.”
“If you ran a minor league team and you were taking a test on how to build a minor league park,
this would be the paper you would want to cheat off of. Parkview Field is the Stadium Journey Best Minor League Baseball venue for 2011. Make the trip to Fort Wayne and you’ll see why.” (quote from www.stadiumjourney.com review of Parkview Field)
Stadium Journey’s Top 10 Minor League Baseball venues
1. Parkview Field – Fort Wayne TinCaps – Fort Wayne, Indiana
2. Montgomery Riverwalk Stadium – Montgomery Biscuits – Montgomery, Alabama
3. BB&T Coastal Field – Myrtle Beach Pelicans – Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4. MCU Park – Brooklyn Cyclones – Brooklyn, New York
5. Daniel S. Frawley Stadium – Wilmington Blue Rocks – Wilmington, Delaware
6. Coca-Cola Park – Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs – Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
7. The Epicenter – Rancho Cucamonga Quakes – Rancho Cucamonga, California
8. Arrowhead Credit Union Park – Inland Empire 66ers – San Bernadino, California
9. Fifth Third Field – Dayton Dragons – Dayton, Ohio
10. Appalachian Power Park – West Virginia Power – Charleston, West Virginia
Opening Night for Fort Wayne TinCaps baseball is April 5th at 7:05pm with post-game fireworks.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.