Ossian Furniture Fire Caused by Electrical Problems (With Photos)

By Scott Sarvay

Gallery

10 photos

November 2, 2012 Updated Nov 25, 2013 at 6:38 PM EST

Ossian, Ind. (www.incnow.tv) - A business with a 49-year history in Ossian catches fire.

Ossian Furniture owner Kevin Smith received a call from his alarm company at 10 Thursday night.

Crews arrived to find smoke coming from the eaves.

The fire was put out in 25 minutes and flames were contained above the ceiling, in the front of the store.

The cause of the fire has been ruled electrical.

Smith hopes to re-open next week.

The business sustained about $250,000 in damage.




What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

Want to be in the know for the next weather event, the next school closing or the next big breaking news story?

TextCaster alerts from 21Alive.com are your defining source for instant information delivered right to your cell phone and email. It's free, easy and instant. Sign-Up Now!

Powered by Summit City Chevrolet



© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.