FORT WAYNE, In. (www.incnow.tv) --- Firefighters could not rescue an elderly woman from a burning mobile home.
The Allen County Coroner identified her as 88-year old Wanda June Ray, and said she died of thermal burns and smoke inhalation.
Ray's death was ruled accidental.
The fire in the 14,000 block of Auburn Road on the northern outskirts of Fort Wayne broke out around 9:20 Friday morning. When firefighters arrived, the mobile home was fully engulfed in flames, and there was nothing they could do to rescue Ray living inside.
The state fire marshal is investigating what sparked the fire.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.