FORT WAYNE, Ind. (21Alive) – Art Van Furniture remains closed after a fire broke out in the store Friday night.
Fort Wayne Firefighters responded to Art Van Furniture at 311 Coliseum Blvd., previously the site of Ashley Furniture, on reports of a fire.
Extra crews had to be called in to help fight the blaze, which sparked around 9 p.m. Friday.
Witnesses were told that there was electrical fire in the upper floor of the store. Smoke could be seen coming from the front of the building as fire crews worked a chainsaw to get to the infrastructure.
Employees at neighboring Dick’s Sporting Goods and PetCo were evacuated after smoke started pouring into those stores.
No word yet on any damage, although a customer says the fire itself wasn't in the main showroom.
Art Van is closed Saturday and there has been no information on when it will re-open.
What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.
© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.