Dog Perishes In Fort Wayne House Fire

By Maureen Mespell

Credit: Aaron Dohring

Dog Perishes In Fort Wayne House Fire

September 15, 2011 Updated Sep 15, 2011 at 7:55 PM EST

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) -- A dog perished in a house fire on the city's north side Thursday night.

Officials believe a grease fire sparked the blaze that engulfed the back side of the home in the 8300 block of Hawk Spring Hill just before 6:30.

The residents made it out safely two firefighters received minor injuries.




What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

Want to be in the know for the next weather event, the next school closing or the next big breaking news story?

TextCaster alerts from 21Alive.com are your defining source for instant information delivered right to your cell phone and email. It's free, easy and instant. Sign-Up Now!

Powered by Summit City Chevrolet



© Copyright 2014, A Granite Broadcasting Station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.