Court Documents Tell Of Last Moments Of 2-Year-Old Jezaih King's Life

By Scott Sarvay

December 29, 2010 Updated Dec 30, 2010 at 4:01 PM EDT

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Indiana's NewsCenter) - Horrifying details emerge in the case of Latisha Lawson - the Fort Wayne mother accused of killing her 2-year-old son.

Recently released court documents give details about the last moments of young Jezaih (J.K.) King's life.

Lawson told Fort Wayne police that in November 2009 she gave both her children a concoction of olive oil and vinegar to rid them of their "demons". She also told police she was tired of Jezaih's temper tantrums.

Her 10-year-old daughter, Kierra King, spit up the mixture immediately, but reports claim Lawson continued to force the liquid down the little boy's throat as he struggled.

She says she gave him the concoction three time, and she said during the final time she held J.K.'s mouth shut for ten minutes until he stopped struggling.

Finding no pulse or heartbeat, reports indicate she laid her dead son's body on the bed for his sister to pray over. She then put the body into a closet before eventually placing it inside of a plastic tote. Lawson allegedly hid the body for more than a year, even moving it with her to a new residence.

Police say Lawson also beat her 10-year-old daughter with a pink belt and extension cord, leaving visible injuries.

Lawson has been charged with a total of five felonies, but only two of those relate to Jezaih's death - battery leading to death and neglect of a dependent resulting in death. The other three neglect and battery charges stem from alleged abuse to her daughter, Kierra.

If convicted on all five charges and given the maximum sentence, Lawson could be sentenced to as many as 114 years behind bars.

What are your thoughts CLICK HERE to leave us a "QUESTION OF THE DAY” comment.

© Copyright 2016, A Quincy Media broadcasting station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.